Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I Am A Mother

The hardest day so far since Isabela has been gone was Mother's Day! I spent this day trying to forget that I am a mother. I am not sure why I did this but I did. That night when I laid down to go to sleep I cried all night because I did not get any recognition for being a mother. I could not say that I am a mother without someone thinking," you are"?.
Another thing that is so hard is when someone asks about my daughter, people that does not know what happened. I did a vendor event in my hometown one weekend, actually the weekend after mother's day, and a lady can up to me and ask when I had my baby. I told her I had her in December. Then the lady  said you look great. I was holding my tears back, praying to myself, please don't ask where she is please don't ask where she is. I knew that if I had to say what happened I would start crying right on the spot. Seeing other people who have children make me cry. There were two babies at this event too. So I was already emotional and holding back my tears. People just don't know to think that something that like could have happened. I am sure this lady had no clue but this is what I have to carry with me everyday, the fear that someone that has no clue what happened and will ask and i have to explain it to them. Some days are easier to explain it than others but it is hard either way. When people ask how I am I always say okay. When inside I am a emotional wreck. I have always been great at holding in my emotions and smiling when I am not happy. This is exactly what I had to do that day. I probably should have told the Lady what happened but I didn't want to break down in the middle of an event. So I just said to myself it isn't her business. Not to mention that when I bring my story up people act like I am an elephant in the room from that moment forward. 

I wish that I could yell from the roof top, I AM A MOTHER!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Reading what you went through is hard, we never talked about these things when we were together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading what you went through is hard, we never talked about these things when we were together.

    ReplyDelete