Monday, June 3, 2013

Remembering Isabela

Most people are unsure to how they can push on but still remember the child that they have lost. I questioned this often and came up with many ways to remember my daughter.
The first thing is not being scared to talk about your child. I talk about Isabela everyday! My husband and I talk about how things would be if she was still here with us. The other day my husband told me I farted in my sleep when I was pregnant and I made the joke that it was Isabela, not me. I talk to my family and friends about her too. She did not die to me, she just isn't here with me if that makes sense.
The second way to remember your child is by going back through all the things you got from the hospital. I got through my ultrasound pictures all the time. I also watch my ultrasound videos and watch her move inside me on television. This brings me joy.
 The third way to remember your child is by sending off a letter with balloons. My husband and I did this just a week ago. It was the most therapeutic action that we have taken so far. My good friend took photos of this because she wanted to capture this moment for us. This gave us the opportunity to write a letter to Isabela and send it to heaven to her. My feelings were overwhelming that day but after doing this I felt so much better. By sharing these photos it let us share with the world that we will never forget our daughter. The fourth way to help remember your child is by starting a blog and writing your story down and sharing with people who need guidance like you once and probably still do need. I feel writing my feeling down helps and writing about my daughter makes me feel great. Even if no one is listening, it is the fact that I am getting my feelings out that helps.
 The last but not final way to remember your child is by doing a fundraiser or a walk to raise awareness in your child's name. My friend and I went through this around the same time and we plan to do this at some point. I think this is great because it will help spread stillbirth awareness and also remember your child. I shared with you a few photos of the memorial shoot in memory of my daughter. This is my favorite way to remember my daughter. I plan to send balloons off every year on her birthday.
These are just some ideas that will help you remember your child. I feel that by doing these things I not only do it for myself but I also do it to show that world that I will never forget her. She was so special to my husband and I, therefore I want to do everything I can to let the world know that I am a mom to an angel!!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment